Democracy thrives on a tripod of accountability, rule of law and good governance. Elected officials whom the people have surrendered their sovereignty to are expected to uphold at all times these important tenets of democracy.
It is against this background that I have found it imperative to clearly state my vision and mission as I seek the mandate of the people of Idemili to represent them at the House of Representatives.
These vision and mission, which I have encapsulated as a PACT will form the basis of future assessment of my tenure if by the grace of God I am elected to represent the good people of Idemili at the Green Chamber of the National Assembly at Abuja. In June 2018, I had unique consultations with the President Generals and other stakeholders in the 17 communities in the constituency on the needs of their respective communities.
Based on this needs assessment survey, the communities submitted their Charter of Demands/Needs (see attached Idemili Charter of Demands).
Inline with the principle of participation, I have articulated my manifesto based largely on the charter of demands from the communities. I therefore solemnly pledge to vigorously pursue the following agenda at the House of Representatives if and when given your mandate:
- Idemili Constituency Trust Fund (ICTF):
This is a novel Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV), which shall be set up for the management and execution of all identified needs of the communities within the constituency. Appropriated funds for the Constituency and some of my allowances shall be warehoused in this trust fund. An 11-member Board of Trustees shall manage the pooled funds; the membership of which shall be drawn from among men and women of integrity from the constituency. The activities of the Board shall be guided by international best practices.
Knowledge is the new growth driver in the world and efforts shall be made to key the constituency into the new knowledge economy. Towards this end, I shall implement the following education projects:
- Establishment of Scholarship/Bursary scheme for indigent students of the constituency in Government owned Secondary and University institutions in Anambra State.
- Annual distribution of free exercise books to all public primary and Secondary schools within the constituency.
- To establish two Resource Centres in honour of late Prof. Chinua Achebe and Dr. Pius Okigbo at Idemili North and South respectively.
- In order to promote learning of science, technology and mathematics (STEM), I shall provide science equipment for the laboratories of select secondary schools in the constituency.
- Shall seek the collaboration of development agencies to vigorously promote the girl child education.
- Shall endow an annual lecture in one of the higher institutions in the state in honour of late Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu.
- Shall organize extra-mural classes during long vacation for those sitting for UTME.
- Youth Empowerment/Skills Acquisition:
Youth unemployment is a major challenge of the constituency. To effectively engage the youth, I shall as a matter of priority open two skills acquisition centres within the two local governments for the learning of the following:
- Web and Graphics Designing
- Computer and GSM repairs
- Desktop publishing
- Fashion designing/tailoring and make-up/beadmaking
- Soap and detergent production
- Welding and metal fabrication
- Floor tile and interlocking stones
- Shoe making
- Healthcare Delivery:
The wealth of the constituency lies in the health of the people. Therefore, I shall ensure the following:
- In collaboration with the National Primary Healthcare Development Agency, I shall renovate Health Centres/Posts in select communities within the constituency.
- Provision of drugs and medical equipment in select communities in the constituency.
- To explore the possibilities of establishment of a standard general hospital in the constituency.
- To organize an annual medical outreach in the constituency.
- To organize quarterly maternal healthcare awareness programmes in the constituency.
- To offset medical bills of some indigent patients in the constituency.
- To cater for the needs of children at the Motherless Babies Homes in the constituency.
- Provision of Water and Energy:
- I shall seek the technical collaboration of Federal Ministry of Water Resources and Anambra-Imo River Basin Development Authority to ensure construction of water boreholes in select communities in the constituency.
- Shall consolidate on the gains of my solar streetlights initiative to provide more in many more communities.
- Shall ensure provision of transformers to needy communities within the constituency.
Gully erosion has become one of the greatest challenges facing Anambra State with Idemili North/South Federal Constituency having its share. Therefore, I shall ensure the following:
- To increase advocacy for control of gully erosion menace by appropriate federal government agencies.
- To ensure increased appropriations for erosion control projects in the constituency.
- To ensure a transparent oversight in the disbursement of ecological funds.
- To initiate an intensive awareness campaign on the prevention of gully erosion.
- Women Empowerment:
- Under a planned Market Women Small Scale Business Empowerment Scheme, 170 women shall be empowered with N100, 000.00 each.10 Women shall be selected from each of the 17 communities in the constituency for this empowerment.
- Shall ensure the installation of garri processing machines for women in select communities.
- Shall ensure the installation of palm oil milling machines in select communities.
- To liaise with Central Bank of Nigeria, Bank of Industry, Bank of Agriculture and Anambra State Small Business Agency (ASBA) to institute a micro credit scheme for women within the constituency.
In addition to CBN and ASBA loan, I shall under a planned Market Women Small Scale Business Empowerment Scheme, empower 170 women with N100, 000 each. Ten women shall be selected from each of the 17 communities in the constituency for this empowerment.
Given the growing importance of agriculture in the calculation of the nation’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP), I shall ensure the following:
- Shall mobilize interested constituents to form farmers’ cooperative societies in order to optimally benefit from Federal and State governments’ different agricultural initiatives.
- Shall stimulate the interest of the youths in the constituency in the many value chain in agriculture with a view to increasing food production in the constituency.
- Shall ensure that farmers have access to loans, fertilizers and other agricultural incentives.
- Shall ensure efficient and equitable distribution of improved seedlings to farmers during each planting season.
- Maintenance/Construction of Rural Roads:
- Shall seek the collaboration of Federal Emergency Road Maintenance Agency (FERMA) and Anambra State Ministry of Works to construct and maintain rural roads in select communities in the constituency.
- Shall seek collaboration of Idemili North and South LGAs in the regular maintenance of rural feeder roads.
- Shall ensure construction of drainages in select communities.
- Shall provide bus shelters at some designated areas in the constituency.
- Sports Development:
To engage the youths meaningfully and develop in them the spirit of sportsmanship, I shall ensure the following:
- To organize an annual Ifeanyi Ibezi Footbal competition among the youths in the 17 communities in the constituency.
- To provide sports equipment for select primary/secondary schools in the constituency.
- Human Capital Development/Job Creation:
- Shall leverage my presence in Abuja to seek employment opportunities for employable youths in the constituency.
- Shall organize trainings in ICT for the youths so that they can take advantage of the emerging opportunities in digipreneurship (digital entrepreneurship).
- 12. Robust Engagement with Traditional Institutions:
Idemili North/South Federal Constituency is a melting pot of culture. Therefore, I shall deliberately and robustly engage with traditional institutions within the constituency in the following areas:
- Wide consultations with the traditional institutions on issues of welfare and project execution.
- Partnership to reform and promote our cultural heritage.
- Support/Engagement with Party (APGA) Structure:
As a loyal, dedicated and committed party person, I shall ensure the following:
- To ensure constant consultation with stakeholders, Ward and LGA officers of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA).
- To liaise with the party hierarchy in maintaining discipline, peace and harmony in the party.
- To ensure that loyal party members benefit from the many empowerment projects I shall execute.
- Idemili North and South Federal Constituency Legacy Project
In a bid to immortalize our heroes and to create projects that would not only be resourceful to the constituents but create a huge economic impact of the Constituency, I shall construct the following as my legacy projects for the constituency:
- Chinua Achebe Resource centre in Idemili North
- Pius Okigbo Resource Centre in Idemili South
- Solar Powered Market in each of the 17 communities in Idemili North and South
These, in a nut shell, are what I intend to do for the good people of Idemili North and South Federal Constituency when God delivers victory at the door step of the Reality Movement 2019 in February 2018.
God bless us all!
IDEMILI CHARTER OF DEMANDS
- Transformers for power distribution enhancement
- Erosion control at specific areas
- Construction of classrooms for schools in Nnobi
- Sand filling at Ikenga and Ezinkwo
- Road grading at Ikenga and Ezinkwo
- Construction of drainages.
- Construction of road leading to Nimo town
- Security house for AVG
- Re-roofing of Staff Quarters for the health centre
- Construction of public toilets
- Construction of First Avenue Road (2km)
- Asphalting of Ose Akama Road
- Energizing two transformers and street lights along major streets.
- Grading and creating of inland roads, especially Eziokwu bu Ndu Road/Obodo – Umuazu to Abatete Road
- Empowerment/scholarship scheme for women and youths
- Equipping the ICT Centre with laptops and others.
- Construction of a tarred road from Eke to Community Secondary school Owe Eziowelle
- City water borehole at Eke Eziowelle
- Electric transformers at various points in Eziowelle
- Renovation of schools
- Reactivation of borehole at Eziowelle health centre
- Upgrade of health centre to a hospital
- Construction of Oye- Aroh to Ubala Eziowelle/Abatete road.
- Link road from Oye Aroh to Eze Johnson/Eziowelle/Abagana/Abatete major road
- Solar powered market for Eziowelle
- Construction of Euimo transformer road – Ositosiri Umukwele road.
- Skill Acquisition centre
- Equipping of Eziowelle Vigilante
- Enhancement of educational literacy by aiding construction of Awka-Etiti Boys Secondary School
- Enhancement of economic development through the construction of a modern abattoir in Awka Etiti
- Reduce youth restiveness, unemployment/underemployment by supporting our Awka-Etiti Youth Empowerment Program
- Help to place our graduates into government jobs/political appointments
- Improve health care service by providing drugs and equipment for our health
- Sponsor our annual sports competition.
- Construction of Nnokwa to Awka-Etiti road
- Construction of solar powered water boreholes at Odumodu, Umudim, Umueshi, Isimgbede, Ubili, and Umuide villages.
- Installation of 100 solar powered lights at major roads of Nnokwa
- Equipping of National Secretariat of Nnokwa Progress Union with 10 computers and Internet services
- Equipping of Community Library with ten computers and internet services
- Construction of mini stadium at community secondary school Nnokwa
- Completion of perimeter fencing of Community Secondary School Nnokwa and Unity Secondary School Nnokwa
- Equipping of Chemistry, Physics and Biology laboratories for both secondary schools
- Reconstruction of the administration block for community secondary school
- Reconstruction of three academic blocks for Unity Secondary School Nnokwa
- Equipping of Nnaku and Ishite Health Posts
- Completion of the Equipment of Nnokwa Health Centre
- Employment of 100 unemployed graduates from Nnokwa
- Erosion control at Umuru-Ide Erosion site
- Employment Opportunities both in federal and state Governments to numerous Alor graduates.
- One major Utility link road, and the Eke Agu Abatete – ba Uke – Okaa – Omee Ubuluenu – Okpokolo link road
- Provision of solar street lights at strategic places
- Provision of boreholes to aid aid water supply and eliminate water scarcity.
- Perimeter fencing and rehabilitation of Umuoji Community Secondary School or upgrade to a Polytechnic.
- Provision of transformers to improve power distribution.
- Provision of a general hospital for Umuoji, as there is no health facility in the town
- Reconstruction of Mangrover Okonkwo road linking Umuoji to Okpoko road Uke town.
- Reconstruction of Oye Ogidi road linking Umuobia-Umuechem-Urudeke villages with a spur.
- Providing employment opportunities for our teeming university graduates.
- Provision of motorised water boreholes.
- Construction of a secretariat/town hall for Umuoji Improvement Union of Nigeria (UIUN).
- Grading of many internal roads.
- Erosion control.
- Construction of Ideani/Alor link road with corresponding drainages and a bridge
- Erosion control
- Installation of street lights on major roads
- Completion of the construction of Ideani Civic Centre at the Oye Market place
- Youth and Women Empowerment
- Skill Acquisition and ICT Centre
- 5km Nkwor Umuoji – Ire Ojoto—Police station Ezieke-Nkpor/Nnobi road with three spurs:
- 5km Okpu Ukpakaoto-Ezioye-Okpoko Ireh village and Sir Rob Oziko road.
- 6km Amah Eliezer- Anglican housing estate- Nnewi Ichi Nnewi.
- 1km Onitsha Archdiocesan Catholic University Ezieke- Afor Ochie- St. Odilia Primary School-Dr. Pius Okigbo-Umuoji/Ojoto Road.
- 8km Edoji Nnewi – Enugo Ojoto – Oye market square –Nkwor Ukpakaoto- Amaugochukwu Akabor-Oba Airport- Idemili Obosi road (this road had been started by the previous administration but stopped/abandoned at Edoji Nnewi) with one spur:
i). 1.8km Mili John-Nkwor Ukpkaoto-Ebubedike Ojoto-Nnewi/Onitsha old by 10th mile road.
3. Inspection, Commissioning and Posting of a Chief Magistrate to the Chief Magistrate Court built at Idemili South Local Govt. Headquarters’ Premises, Ojoto